Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by UofLCardfan08 View Post
    don't, go play your minecrap and stick with your console crap
    Its called Call ofDuty Modern Warfare 3 and it represents teh gratest minds of our generation. That fuckking sick singel player storey... cordis die dam its jsut like taht thin i saw on face book,

2. Collapse Details

another beautiful day UofLCardfan08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Doli View Post
    Its called Call ofDuty Modern Warfare 3 and it represents teh gratest minds of our generation. That fuckking sick singel player storey... cordis die dam its jsut like taht thin i saw on face book,
    ARMA, ARMA2, ARMA3 or gtfo

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeer View Post

this is while saving a video btw
    The CPU is essentially a bargain chip, that's your bottleneck. you'd be much better off with a Phenom or an FX and can build a barebones kit based on one of those on Tigerdirect for under $300. What uclacardfan said about the video card is incorrect, you are processing video not rendering it so the GPU is irrelevant.

4. Collapse Details

so would you get another hard drive or a new video card?
    I would replace the CPU. It's not going to make your uploads go any faster, but converting between formats, etc will work much better.

5. Collapse Details

Also make sure you're running a 64 bit Win 7. Check if you have both "c:\program files" and "c:\program files (x86)" If you do it's 64 bit if not you're only using half your RAM

6. Collapse Details

Iron Hands fried chicken Chiang Mai technical college
    Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    The CPU is essentially a bargain chip, that's your bottleneck. you'd be much better off with a Phenom or an FX and can build a barebones kit based on one of those on Tigerdirect for under $300. What uclacardfan said about the video card is incorrect, you are processing video not rendering it so the GPU is irrelevant.
    so you would buy a new computer instead of upgrading this one?

7. Collapse Details

so you would buy a new computer instead of upgrading this one?
    Assuming your motherboard will support a better CPU, you can spend

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...1351&CatId=332 $250 for a complete system

or

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...262&CatId=4432 $99 for the same chip by itself

For me it's worth it because of all the other crap in the package. For instance the barebones kit is running 1600Mhz RAM, according to cpuid yours is running 600Mhz, and that makes a HUGE difference.

8. Collapse Details

Also since you'd be going from AMD to AMD you can (probably) just pop your old hard drive in there and let Windows pick up all the new drivers and you wouldn't even have to reinstall or anything

9. Collapse Details

Heh i think maks and cardfan posts are out of scope they are telling you to buy new hardwares, i have some questions about video editing and upload, do you have video editing software?

10. Collapse Details

ARMA, ARMA2, ARMA3 or gtfo
    Hello. I am also autistic

11. Collapse Details

*smriks very wide* Ye,s, I do play the hiking simulator game and I fckng love it. Its so much fun to press th walk button for fifty minutes and then get shot at and die imediately and tehn watch other ppl walk around. Its realims

12. Collapse Details

Try miro converter or freemake video converter, you should convert to dvix or webm it makes very small size videos, it would help you upload speed, not needed to buy hardwares because they are stupid.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by juji View Post
    Try miro converter or freemake video converter, you should convert to dvix or webm it makes very small size videos, it would help you upload speed, not needed to buy hardwares because they are stupid.
    {gets very serious} Computers.

14. Collapse Details

Heh i think maks and cardfan posts are out of scope they are telling you to buy new hardwares, i have some questions about video editing and upload, do you have video editing software?

maks I was trying to keep it cheap, buying a new cpu for a budget oem build is a waste is money. A gpu, hdd and cpu purchased separately will turn into a wasted cash pit. At some point he must decide where to spend his money. A new tiger diy kit will bring him into present day hardware. Add an oem version of Win7 64 to a gpu, hdd and cpu you may as well build new from a Tiger diy kit. Tigers bundles are a good value.

Then it becomes a new thread and if rootbeer is comfortable applying TIM paste

The question then becomes where do you draw the line and remain cost effective.

This is why the high end i7 intel cpu's own at video editing while their lower tier offers the better bang for buck when building a gaming pc.

http://www.videoguys.com/Blog/K/DIY/...ee0d0ceac.aspx

15. Collapse Details

sorry, i forgets this forum is only about google pi searches and lisa spam

forgives my betrayal

16. Collapse Details

maks I was trying to keep it cheap, buying a new cpu for a budget oem build is a waste is money. A gpu, hdd and cpu purchased separately will turn into a wasted cash pit. At some point he must decide where to spend his money. A new tiger diy kit will bring him into present day hardware. Add an oem version of Win7 64 to a gpu, hdd and cpu you may as well build new from a Tiger diy kit. Tigers bundles are a good value.

Then it becomes a new thread and if rootbeer is comfortable applying TIM paste

The question then becomes where do you draw the line and remain cost effective.

This is why the high end i7 intel cpu's own at video editing while their lower tier offers the better bang for buck when building a gaming pc.

http://www.videoguys.com/Blog/K/DIY/...ee0d0ceac.aspx
    I agree with almost all of that, in fact I went on to recommend a tigerdirect barebones kit. I don't even think he'd need to buy a new copy of Windows, just call their 800 number and have his current one re-activated (assuming it's not using a Dell/HP/whatever bulk key)

17. Collapse Details

I dont need to buy new hardware, but once you are dedicated to something you want good equipment. I will probably buy a new hd or an external idk.
    the only video editing software i use is windows movie maker for now...

18. Collapse Details

That's stupid, using a different software product isn't going to help if he doesn't have the horsepower to run it. He's running an A6, that's essentially AMD's celeron.

19. Collapse Details

you dont know anything about video editing practices, however mac pro is the best for video editing and processing after all.

20. Collapse Details

I dont need to buy new hardware, but once you are dedicated to something you want good equipment. I will probably buy a new hd or an external idk.
    Did you figure out if you're running 64 bit windows?

21. Collapse Details

I already figured out he was recording with fraps. If he wants to upload in less time, he should convert videos to webm, dvix or whatever, besides AMD fusion isnt good at video encoding than Intel i3

22. Collapse Details

no new niggers lnopia the great's Avatar
    how many minutes would he even be saving

**This account has been officially hacked and the original user is not liable for any future posts**

23. Collapse Details

Did you figure out if you're running 64 bit windows?
    yeah always bro

24. Collapse Details

I already figured out he was recording with fraps. If he wants to upload in less time, he should convert videos to webm, dvix or whatever, besides AMD fusion isnt good at video encoding than Intel i3
    its not just the upload time, i realized games will run smoother if fraps saves the movie to another drive. unless im misunderstanding something.

25. Collapse Details

You should install codecs for some video editing software, im not sure windows mov maker would work

http://www.cccp-project.net/

converter make your video files smaller
    http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Try to convert Html5 videos as ogg, h.264 and webm.

26. Collapse Details

Buy a good internal 1tb 7200rpm western digital caviar black when they are on sale for $75 and buy an additional sata cable since the sale drives are sold without a pretty retail box and a cable. After you install it and it you are sure it is a working drive register it @ WD by visiting their web site and you will get a 5 year warranty. You must register it online to get this longer warranty.

When you later decide to move into a new pc you can then simply add this drive to your new pc or buy an external enclosure for it. Western Digital's retail external drives use their lower tier green label power saving drives.

There is no harm in buying a drive now since you can always put it to use and when moved into a new pc it will have your data already on it.

Purchasing a discounted GPU will give you better performance in all video related tasks for less than $100.

Don't dump any more than $200 into your present pc

/.02

27. Collapse Details

here, I just looked at today's specials

you will need to register @ newegg so you will be able to use the code

this leaves you $120 for a gpu based on a $200 budget
    Last edited by UofLCardfan08; 03-20-2013 at 04:28 PM.

28. Collapse Details

Purchasing a discounted GPU will give you better performance in all video related tasks for less than $100.
    He's not rendering 3d, he's editing existing videos to cut them down and encode them into a sane format. A new video card isn't going to do squat.

29. Collapse Details

Holy shit cardfan is wannabe nerd girl

Quote Originally Posted by Steffies Yelle View Post
    I'll kill myself live on cam as soon as there's proof I literlaly promise, I will sincerely kill myself as soon as I see elz's computer playing arma 3 maxed with all nvidia exclusive graphics

30. Collapse Details

my weapons turn me into a m0nde's Avatar
    With out a standalone GPU (video card) you are wasting your time converting videos, on-board graphics suck. Instead of messing with external drives and firewire (Steve Jobs 'reach around')add a second 7200 rpm internal drive.

your CPU is a budget price driven component, a Yugo
    this

Thread Information