Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details

I am postulate one blumpkin blownuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    where's the honor in invading a bunch of stone age primitives and fucking up their home
    and helping them stand up to threats from tyrant mullahs, and training them to defend their homeland, and building them free infrastructure? preparing them to rid their own country of terrorists so we don't have to impinge on their traditional lifestyles again to keep our own interest safe?
    our efforts in the middle east may not have realistic expectations, but they have honorable intentions

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by blumpkin blownuts View Post
    and helping them stand up to threats from tyrant mullahs, and training them to defend their homeland, and building them free infrastructure? preparing them to rid their own country of terrorists so we don't have to impinge on their traditional lifestyles again to keep our own interest safe?
    our efforts in the middle east may not have realistic expectations, but they have honorable intentions
    and all the oil and saving all the jews in jerusalem are bonuses of course

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Drugs View Post
    and all the oil and saving all the jews in jerusalem are bonuses of course
    the ayatollah needs to understand the jews have a right to exist
    the jews need to understand the palestinians have a right to exist
    the israeli situation is an untouchable trainwreck

4. Collapse Details

no we're actually going into their homes and blowing shit up, that's why there are terrorists because we destroy people's homes and kill their relatives. If someone did that to me you bet your ass there would be a red dawn situation going on.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    no we're actually going into their homes and blowing shit up, that's why there are terrorists because we destroy people's homes and kill their relatives. If someone did that to me you bet your ass there would be a red dawn situation going on.
    that's often the case in iraq because that was a fuck-up from the beginning... dumbya made that decision to go in, and it's not entirely his fault as he was manipulated by Douglas Feith and John Yoo. but once we deposed saddam we had to stay until the job is finished -- in for a penny, in for a pound

afghanistan is legitimate war on terror. it was legitimate war, and in war innocent lives will be lost, especially when the enemy uses their own people as human shields. there's also isolated incidents where our guys have intentionally murdered friendlies - most of the time the perps were contractors, and i know by personal experience that the vetting for defense contractors is a fucking joke.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Drugs View Post
    i'll admit i'm a personal fanboy of the jews, but they are not immune to mistakes just like every other group of people on the planet. We actively favor them in political dilemmas for no real reason, which is wrong
    white guilt over the holocaust mainly

that's often the case in iraq because that was a fuck-up from the beginning... dumbya made that decision to go in, and it's not entirely his fault as he was manipulated by Douglas Feith and John Yoo. but once we deposed saddam we had to stay until the job is finished -- in for a penny, in for a pound
    Pretty sure it's the case in any country that we invade and occupy...

afghanistan is legitimate war on terror. it was legitimate war, and in war innocent lives will be lost, especially when the enemy uses their own people as human shields. there's also isolated incidents where our guys have intentionally murdered friendlies - most of the time the perps were contractors, and i know by personal experience that the vetting for defense contractors is a fucking joke.
    I understand all that, what I don't understand is how these guys can delude themselves into believing there's honor in that. It's not like the US was invaded and are striking back, we went in because we were pissed and because we could, we've been taking out our national anger on these people for 11 years now.

7. Collapse Details

indeed
    though i am generally a kidna liberal guy (primarily socially) i will forever argue that military itnerventions are justified when they remove threats to the US/its allies and/or crazy dictators. in this case, both. if u want clarification on why i belive this, look up Christopher Hitchens' debat with his brother where he explains why he supproted the wars. he puts it better than i can

Thread Information