Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

whats peculiar is your taskbar is sharper and crisper than anything else on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Plug Drugs View Post
    and m0nde, wtf is he doing there rofl

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by steveyos View Post
    oh if you can actually output sound through a graphics card well I hate to break it to ya but you couldn't pay me to do that because you see I enjoy having speakers that aren't imbedded into a tv and stuff see the back of my computer you've got the dvi wire that goes to my monitor that doesn't have any speakers built in because that's stupid, and then another wire going to my speakers, from my sound card, because why the fuck ugh man what is wrong with you people
    lol are you fuckign retarded, you dont have to use your TV as your sound source but since my TV is like 4 feet away from my computer I use it when i watch netflix or whatever on it since it projects the sound from the source of the video rather than from 4 feet to the right of it which is awk as fuck

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fanfare View Post
    i had a feeling steveyos would come in here to talk about 'classic shell' after he posted that pic of his desktop. too fucking funny. thats definitely what i want to look at when im using my computer, a little cartoon shell in the corner like my OS is the little mermaid OS. when you click the shell does sebastian come out and play under the sea in MIDI? you 'poor unforuntate soul' steveyos (lol, reference from LITTLE MERMAID). for some reason you just go fucking nuts every time theres a new operating system, remember when you were busting your nut over how amazing windows 7 was, and then you were like 'windows 7 sucks' a week later only go juggle from ubuntu to windows 7 about 30 times? i guess now youve finally found the perfect OS, one that you have to install disney software to make it even remotely function properly.
    didnt have to install anything, windows 8 works fine, start menu is old as fuck and unnecessary, i can find whatever i need without any added effort
    but then im a power user

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Camoron View Post
    start menu is old as fuck and unnecessary
    I agree, but the metro interface is just a less organized start menu with gigantic fisher price buttons that you have to grab with your mouse and drag around. Search i the most efficient way to launch programs these days, the bar at the bottom of 7's start menu was glorious, sure they stole it from osx but who cares it works great. One click, then type the first 3 letters of a program or control panel setting, document etc and it pops up right there in front of you.

Also the 'fullscreen by default' philosophy for 8-specific applications is fucking retarded. Also a task bar is essential on something like a Windows machine which will run out of RAM and run like shit if you leave everything running all the time.

Windows 8's new interface should have been a taskbar with a search box embedded in it.

5. Collapse Details

For what it's worth Server 2012 defaults to the desktop but if you click where the start menu is supposed to be it brings up the server manager instead of anything useful, and I miss the notification area.

6. Collapse Details

steveyos
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfare View Post
    whats peculiar is your taskbar is sharper and crisper than anything else on the screen
    I have 150% sizing on and windows for some reason does a terrible job at it so yeah in order to have text not be the size of an atom I gotta have it well actually it looks fine

even now though this text isn't even larger than a pen turned sideways and chrome is at default zoom I mean seriously how fucking small do faggots need their text and everything nowadays this trend has to stop what does everyone now actually literally sit with their eyes pressed against their monitors what teh fuck for real

lol are you fuckign retarded, you dont have to use your TV as your sound source but since my TV is like 4 feet away from my computer I use it when i watch netflix or whatever on it since it projects the sound from the source of the video rather than from 4 feet to the right of it which is awk as fuck
    well not everyone can afford $10,000 televisions with good speakers ok?

Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    I agree, but the metro interface is just a less organized start menu with gigantic fisher price buttons that you have to grab with your mouse and drag around. Search i the most efficient way to launch programs these days, the bar at the bottom of 7's start menu was glorious, sure they stole it from osx but who cares it works great. One click, then type the first 3 letters of a program or control panel setting, document etc and it pops up right there in front of you.

Also the 'fullscreen by default' philosophy for 8-specific applications is fucking retarded. Also a task bar is essential on something like a Windows machine which will run out of RAM and run like shit if you leave everything running all the time.

Windows 8's new interface should have been a taskbar with a search box embedded in it.
    my windows 8 is nothing like that is behaves exactly like windows 7 except it's even faster even though I haven't changed a single part on this pre-vista desktop I built

windows 8 fucking rule, I have 7 I have vista I have ubuntu I have everything and I seriously threw it all at garbage

you should to abandon your influences

oh and with classic shell not only do I get the best start menu ever I neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr have to see metro and all the explorer windows you can customize to be like XP which had all the fancy stuff but I only installed the start menu because I don't need explorer to have anything since second life's shortcut is right on the desktop, which my pc boots to right away it's not like it starts at metro on boot either

7. Collapse Details

steveyos
    king steveyos
    god damn you really fuck yourself over when you're a nerd you are missing out on pure raw speed you really are

8. Collapse Details

Fuckrosoft Winshit 8

9. Collapse Details

once i need a fresh install i think i'm going with a windows 7 gui on ubuntu

10. Collapse Details

steveyos
    king steveyos
    plug drugs obviously knows what he's talking about he's very smart his example of the perfect girl? lisa, so you know he's gonna choose the best OS too

11. Collapse Details

12. Collapse Details

steveyos
    king steveyos
    no really windows 8 is amazing and if you have problems with it it's not windows 8 it's you

13. Collapse Details

steveyos
    king steveyos
    two monitors running tons of stuff on a desktop with no newer parts than 2008 when they were considered slightly above mid-range everything blazing fast no problems at all why am I better at this stuff than everyone here but everyone thinks I"m the dumbest person hmmmmmmmm hmmmm kinda weird how that works

14. Collapse Details

ya the interface fuckin sucks, just dont use it, thats my solution

everything else though is > windows 7

15. Collapse Details

well not everyone can afford $10,000 televisions with good speakers ok?
    Right Click Speakers > Playback Devices > Choose sound source and click Set Default

16. Collapse Details

steveyos
    king steveyos
    but I don't want to

17. Collapse Details

steveyos
    king steveyos
    my interface is exactly teh same as 7/vista/xp etc if there's any differences I'm not seeing them this is exactly the same as using any previous windows except faster

18. Collapse Details

oh and with classic shell not only do I get the best start menu ever I neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr have to see metro and all the explorer windows you can customize to be like XP which had all the fancy stuff but I only installed the start menu because I don't need explorer to have anything since second life's shortcut is right on the desktop, which my pc boots to right away it's not like it starts at metro on boot either
    I don't want the same interface as Windows 7. I want nothing but a taskbar or dock with a search bar on it. I'm sure it can be done in 8, but it's not really worth it because in the end I'd still be running fucking windows.

19. Collapse Details

ya the interface fuckin sucks, just dont use it, thats my solution

everything else though is > windows 7
    I don't see any really compelling reason to upgrade, I really only use Win 7 for gaming and considering that 8 is essentially the new Vista it would be a waste of time learning all the ins and outs when they're going to be rushing win 9 to market in a year or two

20. Collapse Details

always stevey
    king steveyos
    ooohh lol technical talk...

*marks98 thread read*

21. Collapse Details

I don't see any really compelling reason to upgrade, I really only use Win 7 for gaming and considering that 8 is essentially the new Vista it would be a waste of time learning all the ins and outs when they're going to be rushing win 9 to market in a year or two
    win 8 doesnt deserve that reputation

anwyays i got it for free through MSDNAA

22. Collapse Details

I have a crack that works on everything from win 7 to server 2012 and all the offices and I think maybe visual studio too

23. Collapse Details

24. Collapse Details

fuck off marco this thread is about windows 8

25. Collapse Details

lol fuck your cracks.

26. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by macpro View Post
    lol fuck your cracks.
    enjoy your dell optiplex that came with win 7 home premium installed you fucking fossil

27. Collapse Details

always stevey
    king steveyos
    enjoy your dell optiplex that came with win 7 home premium installed you fucking fossil
    lmao

28. Collapse Details

dude youre gettin a dell

29. Collapse Details

says i'm getting a dell. woot.

30. Collapse Details

no new niggers lnopia the great's Avatar
    what do you mean by win8 being faster becausE when i use win7 and open program files its p fast
    Last edited by lnopia the great; 06-28-2013 at 02:29 PM.

**This account has been officially hacked and the original user is not liable for any future posts**

Thread Information