Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

no new niggers lnopia the great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    that's because you have no control over your medical treatment with socialized medicine.
    im sure you arent implying i have no control what is done to my body

american doctors will typically give you what you're asking for because if they don't you can go find someone who does
    profit over judgement, thats exactly how i want my medical professionals to think

**This account has been officially hacked and the original user is not liable for any future posts**

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lnopia the great View Post
    im sure you arent implying i have no control what is done to my body
    you do, to an extent. you can either choose 'what the state offers' or 'nothing at all'.

profit over judgement, thats exactly how i want my medical professionals to think
    "this guy is an adult and I exist to facilitate the choices he has made for himself" that's exactly how I want people who are providing me a service to think

3. Collapse Details

Sometimes I like to think about what my job would be like if IT was handled like the healthcare industry

USA
    Customer: I want a Thinkpad
    Me: Well your insurance doesn't cover the Thinkpad but we have a generic Acer that's almost as good
    (one week later)
    Customer: I changed insurance companies, my new one will cover a Thinkpad with a $20 co-pay
    Me: Ok, I'll order you a Thinkpad

Canada
    Customer: I want a Thinkpad
    Me: Well the government insurance program won't provide Thinkpads
    Customer: But I want a Thinkpad
    Me: Fuck you, you're getting an HP and you're going to shut up and like it. It'll be delivered in 4 months.

4. Collapse Details

you do, to an extent. you can either choose 'what the state offers' or 'nothing at all'.
    Yes i can agree to surgery on my shoulder, or can opt to live with the fact my shoulder can re-dislocate from any significant force. Is that what you are saying? I don't get what you are trying to say, is your statement not true for any hospital?

"this guy is an adult and I exist to facilitate the choices he has made for himself" that's exactly how I want people who are providing me a service to think
    Sounds like how a crack dealer would justify what he does to feed his family. I'd prefer if my doctors used their education to tell me what is actually best for me and not what I want

Also your anology isn't really applicable because most things not provided are elective surgeries, like boob jobs.
    Last edited by lnopia the great; 03-19-2012 at 10:11 AM.

**This account has been officially hacked and the original user is not liable for any future posts**

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lnopia the great View Post
    Yes i can agree to surgery on my shoulder, or can opt to live with the fact my shoulder can re-dislocate from any significant force. Is that what you are saying? I don't get what you are trying to say, is your statement not true for any hospital?
    Nope, you'd have a choice of surgery, or physical therapy, or drugs, or a different, more experimental, surgery. It's not "Do what we recommend or live with it"

Sounds like how a crack dealer would justify what he does to feed his family. I'd prefer if my doctors used their education to tell me what is actually best for me and not what I want
    Agreed, I prefer if my doctor listen to me and make a decision based on his own experience combined with my needs, rather than giving me a stock catch-all answer out of the book of national healthcare mandates.

6. Collapse Details

rather than giving me a stock catch-all answer out of the book of national healthcare mandates.
    not sure if thats a canadian doctor impression but the health here works the same way in the states only we pay for it in tax and you do cash. like if i wanted to get my dick cut off id still go to my family doctor and he would explain the risks associated with it etc and reference me to someone who specializes in cutting dicks and from there i just pay out my own pocket cause it is something that rightfully isnt covered

7. Collapse Details

I thought you had to go to a different private hospital if you had anything done out of pocket

8. Collapse Details

R.i.p. Garfield 1986-2016 Garfield's Avatar
    chillout bro boobz posts on erowid

9. Collapse Details

erowid is a pretty good resource, I make sure to check it any time I try out a new substance to give me an idea of what to expect

10. Collapse Details

from your family doctor (general physician) you would go to a private clinic, and skip the hospital but i dont know the specifics on transgender surgery so dont quote me

11. Collapse Details

ironically I think American insurance companies actually do cover dickectomies (but don't quote me either)

12. Collapse Details

where's obnoxious bitch why isn't he here this is the first time he'd actually be able to add something to the conversation

13. Collapse Details

R.i.p. Garfield 1986-2016 Garfield's Avatar
    a long time ago, ob was sad she had a 1 inch weiner and figured no girls would ever want to fuck him anyways so he just cut it off to be a girl so guys would like him, and thats the story of ob

14. Collapse Details

I am postulate one blumpkin blownuts's Avatar
    big shocker but i was once rx'ed Paxil, some 10 yrs ago

it impaired whatever part of the brain is responsible for judgement & making safe, smart decisions and i turned into a cocky arrogant POS plus nearly did soemthing i'd still regret today (unless i could've afforded laser removal surgery). took myself off that shit after 4-5 weeks, SSRI's are junk. fortunately i mostly regained my sense of judgment within weeks of stopping

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Doli View Post
    Naruto takes anti-depressants... As does Dragon Ball Z. You cant possibly tell me theyre bad.
    And Roger Ramjet took proton power pills, from the US government. Except that's not based on any fictional references whatsoever. Right now the name used for the stuff given to military pilots is "modafinil"

16. Collapse Details

i gotta get me some modafinil

17. Collapse Details

sounds like some good shit

18. Collapse Details

didn't do much for me
    then again the only stimulants that afeect me are methylphenidate and methcathinones

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by blumpkin blownuts View Post
    And Roger Ramjet took proton power pills, from the US government. Except that's not based on any fictional references whatsoever. Right now the name used for the stuff given to military pilots is "modafinil"
    that guy is cool

20. Collapse Details

methylphenidate is shit, its all about the d-amphetamine... its been the standard for 60 years for a reason

21. Collapse Details

when a hit brings you an inch away from death, that's living man

22. Collapse Details

actually its fairly hard to die from d-amphetamine... need to take a single dose much higher than 400mg, and odds are you'll just start having a seizure and be sent to the ER before you can die...
    the only time i ever honestly felt close to death was being on methadone, clonazepam, and drinking alcohol at the same time. I went down to like 3 breathes per minute, and had to force myself to stay awake... but its hard to force yourself to stay awake when you cant even stand up

23. Collapse Details

fear, fear fear. marks stepped on a death panel and lost a life now he's afraid of "socialized medicine"
    of course there will still be competition and choice. it just gets capped and regulated.

as far as getting what you want from the doctor, let's all just agree that you want the middleground - avoid the doctor that will immediately give you whatever drug you saw a clever cartoon TV ad hawk. also avoid the doctor that will only prescribe the drug being made by the folks who paid for his family's $80,000 ski trip, no matter how much you tell him it doesn't work or you read that it could be dangerous or unneeded.

everybody wants a doctor that will carefully consider all your input, weigh in as much of it as he can, then make a professional and unbiased decision towards your care. a national insurance program does not mean "the good doctors" are going to be inaccessible.
    what are they going to do, turn in their stethoscope and ear-flashlights for good, and go sell knives next to the subway stop?

24. Collapse Details

I'm not afraid of it, I resent being expected to pay for other people's problems and enjoy the level of control I have over my own services. Stop talking out of your ass, bob.

25. Collapse Details

neither levo- nor dexamphetamine affect me much at all no matter how much i take. granted, I have a unique physiology.
    only beta-reduced amphetamines (particularly cathinonones) stimulate me, out of the entire phenethylamine family I've bothered with (all the common ones except d-methamph, and many RC's)

and MPH is it's own family, a distant cousin of BZPs. It has widely-varying affects on everybody.

26. Collapse Details

and methadone is another drug i'll never try, way too risky since im a polydrug user
    the closest i can get to death is my brain "zeroes out" and i slump over in such a way that my airway locks open, so i still must be getting oxygen through diffusion rather than mechanical breathing

i used to could get there with 120mg oxy/150mgeq morphine, plus 4oz whiskey, 2-4mg alprazolam, and 50-100 mg promethazine
    now i throw barbiturates and DXM in the mix and i can still barely get a nod. I refuse to inject though, or pay some dritbag out the ass for heroin when everything else i can get for price of fucking tapwater

27. Collapse Details

i smoke & drink tea/coffee regularly drink most weekends & sometimes do a bit of blow but fuck letting a doctor pump more shit into my body that i don't need

28. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Doli View Post
    that guy is cool
    i haven't seen him on TV in about 15 years, though i can't get boomerang out here.
    i don't suppose they still play his show? or are "retro cartoons" now considered to be fucking ed edd & eddy, and powerpuff shit

29. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobhughes
    doctors should have the final say in what you put into your body, it's wrong for them to give the patient what he wants, they should be strictly controlled by the government and anyone who says otherwise is obviously just afraid of a new and better world and has been brainwashed by the media

now here's a list of drugs I use illegally without any medical supervision

ps I took a bunch of pills and didn't die I am immortal

30. Collapse Details

I'm not afraid of it, I resent being expected to pay for other people's problems and enjoy the level of control I have over my own services. Stop talking out of your ass, bob.
    you resent alot of things, anyone who isn't yourself is stupid and lazy and less entitled than you. stop your selfish fucking bitching, other people matter too, regardless of how well you understand each person's particular situation. some poeple make mistakes. some people are unlucky. Many got back on their feet again, most with assistance of some kind, some without.
    But America didn't come this far by leaving people to die of malnutrition and sickness and total social fucking darwinism so you can stop feeding me this line of shit right here.
    Last edited by blumpkin blownuts; 03-20-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Thread Information