Thread: black friday

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Yeah I kind of figured. I'm all about being an early adopter but I don't think this one's going to go anywhere and I'm not about to sacrifice my perfectly good tv for some gimmick with a lesser picture quality

2. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    most new tvs have the 3d feature

deal with it

3. Collapse Details

^ angry for the sake of it much?

Anyway, 3d is shit.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    only 260?
    i paid 550 for my 36 inch fuck australia overpriced shithole fucking cunt
    and it's probably from south korea so you're not even further away or anything

your country just does a worse job at taking resources from others, manipulating exchange rates and setting tariffs

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LISAAAAAAAAAAH! View Post
    I like the queen

But you know what I need to happen? I need Jo Hocking to take leadership of the Liberal Party and then I would be comfortable voting for Liberal... I'm a labor voter at heart however the labor party ATM is fucking incompetent and we actually need liberal back in to fix up things that the currently incompetent labor party has done... labor brought in a couple of good thing but the party's incompetence has lost me... however the idea of Tony Abbot being Prime Minister is nothing short of terrorfying... now if only Liberal would stick Jo Hocking at the head of the party I would swing that way with confidence, as it is right now... the two options we have... we're fucked.
    well just don't vote i mean then you're not partially responsible for whichever terrible outcome you get

oh wait lol nonvoters are criminals in australia

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    oh wait lol nonvoters are criminals in australia

seriously? god that country sucks

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    seriously? god that country sucks
    What happens if I do not vote?
    Initially the Australian Electoral Commission will write to all apparent non-voters requesting that they either provide a reason for their failure to vote or pay a $20 penalty.

If, within 21 days, the apparent non-voter fails to reply, cannot provide a valid and sufficient reason or declines to pay the penalty, then prosecution proceedings may be instigated. If the matter is dealt with in court and the person is found guilty, he or she may be fined up to $50 plus court costs.

I didn't know about if you don't vote, you get fine up in Australia. I agree this country sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffies Yelle View Post
    I'll kill myself live on cam as soon as there's proof I literlaly promise, I will sincerely kill myself as soon as I see elz's computer playing arma 3 maxed with all nvidia exclusive graphics

9. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    that's actually a good thing

in AMerica only 2/3rds of the people even vote

that is NOT representation of the whole population

with compulsory voting that 1/3 also votes and so all socio-economic groups have their vote, not just some of them who have vested interests.

I've not voted before, they sent me a letter to fine me and I wrote a scrawled hand written note back to them saying, "I am really sorry I did not vote, I really did want to but I have mental problems and didn't sleep the night before, I finally slept but when I woke up the polls had closed and I was really sad, please do not fine me because I am very poor and I'm very sorry I did not vote." I laughed as I scrawled the letter and sent it off.... I evaded the fine. Who can be fucked following that up?

10. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    Don't know what planet you think you live on
    but Australia is a better country than yours

11. Collapse Details

with compulsory voting that 1/3 also votes and so all socio-economic groups have their vote, not just some of them who have vested interests.

I've not voted before, they sent me a letter to fine me and I wrote a scrawled hand written note back to them saying, "I am really sorry I did not vote, I really did want to but I have mental problems and didn't sleep the night before, I finally slept but when I woke up the polls had closed and I was really sad, please do not fine me because I am very poor and I'm very sorry I did not vote." I laughed as I scrawled the letter and sent it off.... I evaded the fine. Who can be fucked following that up?
    I don't believe they accept hand written notes, just they want pdf printed papers

Anyways, you're a criminal, i'm looking up report you to australian authorities

I'll kill myself live on cam as soon as there's proof I literlaly promise, I will sincerely kill myself as soon as I see elz's computer playing arma 3 maxed with all nvidia exclusive graphics

12. Collapse Details

the whole population shouldn't be represented. people who don't follow politics and have no fucking idea what's going on have no business voting.

13. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by juji View Post
    I don't believe they accept hand written notes, just they want pdf printed papers

Anyways, you're a criminal, i'm looking up report you to australian authorities
    they do and did

if they still wanted to fine me they'd have to write back asking for doctors certificates etc.... as long as I kept responding like a retard it was more hassle than it's worth

14. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by maks View Post
    the whole population shouldn't be represented. people who don't follow politics and have no fucking idea what's going on have no business voting.
    well it's not up to you to decide who follows politics and who doesn't

everyone has to turn up, get their names cross off and vote donkey or otherwise

it is much better than just 2/3 of people voting, see wherever you have voluntary voting it is always a certian group who always vote, it simply does not represent the whole populations view

don't you talk to me about democracy if you're an american

15. Collapse Details

it is much better than just 2/3 of people voting, see wherever you have voluntary voting it is always a certian group who always vote, it simply does not represent the whole populations view
    no, moron, it's better if only people who have watched the news within the last year, and have any concept of who is running and why, and give a shit at all, vote. you're arguing that the better system is the one where people choose at random out of fear of getting penalized, that's easily the stupidest thing anyone has ever said in the history of this forum. that's not "representing the views of the people" you might as well just flip a coin at that point.

16. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    no maks

you're an idiot

in your country not everyone is represented and you call that democracy?

Get the fuck out of here.

in a real democracy EVERYONE votes you dumb piece of shit

whether you agree with their opinion or not they have a right to vote and SHOULD vote

otherwise you end up with a sytem like america where a whole 1/3 of the population doesn't even vote and isn't represented, that's pretty much why it's compulsory here, so that it isn;t the farce that it is in america

17. Collapse Details

no, in a democrazy everyone has the right to vote. if you're forcing them to whether they care/want to or not you're acting more like a dictatorship.

18. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    no-one is being forced to

it's just compulsory is all

and the reason it is because Australia didn't want to be the farce of a democracy america is

19. Collapse Details

no-one is being forced to

it's just compulsory is all

and the reason it is because Australia didn't want to be the farce of a democracy america is
    But they will force you to pay your fine for being a non-voter, Australia is one of the first world countries, but full of shit country due to racism, skin cancer, weird animals could kill people than other countries, annoying weather, etc.

20. Collapse Details

i daer you to make it out of ferguson alive
    Quote Originally Posted by boobz View Post
    Jo Hocking???!?!?

who?

*call centre crew*
    *hate talking to people crew*
    *get abused for a living crew*
    *sexually harassed by hot women crew*

21. Collapse Details

yes in america the majority of the electorate chooses not to vote at all, but has to put up with the result anyway

democracy is a self-defeating premise

22. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by juji View Post
    But they will force you to pay your fine for being a non-voter, Australia is one of the first world countries, but full of shit country due to racism, skin cancer, weird animals could kill people than other countries, annoying weather, etc.
    no they don;t force you to pay your fine

Everyone who I know who ever got a fine for not voting and contested it was let off... basically the only people who pay the fine are the ones who open the letter and just go right ahead and pay it.

I mean you have a country where only 2/3rds of the people vote and a country where everyone votes, which is the greater democracy?

23. Collapse Details

i daer you to make it out of ferguson alive
    and it's probably from south korea so you're not even further away or anything

your country just does a worse job at taking resources from others, manipulating exchange rates and setting tariffs
    sony...
    yes australia sucks ass... our currency may exchange well but it seriously doesnt go far at all.
    *call centre crew*
    *hate talking to people crew*
    *get abused for a living crew*
    *sexually harassed by hot women crew*

24. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    yes in america the majority of the electorate chooses not to vote at all, but has to put up with the result anyway

democracy is a self-defeating premise
    :O

*agrees*

25. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    who?

lol

26. Collapse Details

sex with dead people
    king steveyos
    I made my mom stand in line at Walmart all of last night and all of today so she can buy me a Wii U when they open up later tonight.

27. Collapse Details

I am postulate one blumpkin blownuts's Avatar

oh yeah compulsory voting is so helpful
    i used to be good friends with this chick in australia in the mid 90s
    she would pay her sister to go vote for her & she'd pick random people for both votes. nice anti-fraud laws...

28. Collapse Details

see wherever you have voluntary voting it is always a certian group who always vote, it simply does not represent the whole populations view
    the more important the election is to people, the more and larger groupS there are voting.
    what the fuck do you know about american politics anyway stop butting into shit that doesn't concern you - i.e. this forum

29. Collapse Details

LISAAAAAAAAAAH!
    king steveyos
    http://www.australianreview.net/jour...louth_hill.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_t...tial_elections

Australia ranks like number one in voter turnout and america has only 1/2 to 2/3rds at best of people voting

that is a fucking shambles for a "democracy"

30. Collapse Details

if people don't care who wins i don't want them muddying up the results with shitvotes

shitposter whining about people not shitvoting
    if you got a problem with our democracy feel free to gtfo out it

Thread Information